Old March 15th 05, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default EOR / ORPS Feud - Time to kiss & make up ?

snip

I have no doubt that the EORVS, the EORL and the ORPS can all work
together to make the line work. The problem, however, lies with certain
inidividuals in the ORPS who have taken it upon themselves to engage in
certain activities designed to discourage and weaken the volunteer
group.

During my last visit I spoke to one of the volunteers, a retired
railwayman with considerable experience running a railway. Not only did
he explain matters in a way I had not heard previously, he also
elucidated several incidents involving said ORPS members - chief
amongst these was a "shindig" involving shouting and abuse on the
Sunday when a test service was operated.

I know, as do many others, that ORPS is not all bad - after all, they
formed CHTL to purchase the 1960TS from LT. It seems to me though that
until these individuals who are making all this noise are pacified,
nothing substantive will be done, and the line will be worse off.