Old March 18th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John John is offline

Default CTRL 2 Bridge

In article , Stuart
writes
Ian Snowdon wrote:
Some weeks ago someone asked about the purpose of the concrete structure
near the CTRL bridge across the ECML leading into St Pancras. As I was
visiting the station I asked and was told that it is called the "Forward
Incident Control Point".

On the same subject - why is that bridge covered? Seems no need to have
a tubular bridge especially when it's just outside the entrance to a
very long tunnel

To minimise noise affects on the local residents - it was a condition of
the Act I believe.
--
John Alexander,