Old April 16th 05, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Screw Threads

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:18:55 GMT, "Max Henry"
wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"John" wrote in message

I noticed on the engineering poster at Moorgate
that the multi coloured screws have a left hand
thread - anyone else noticed?

The old light bulbs that they had (have?) in Routemasters had left hand
threads - this was to stop anyone pinching them to use them at home.

That sounds like an urban myth, bus bulbs are hardly likely to be 240v are
they?

No, but then not all bulbs used in the hope days gone by were, either.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk