Old April 21st 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alan Pryor Alan Pryor is offline

Default Pre-pay journey resumption question

asdf wrote in message . ..
So during the KX works, Euston to KX is an allowed out-of-station
interchange?

From what's been said, I gather that the situation is:

- the gates at KX (subsurface) and KX (deep level) allow
out-of-station interchanges (so that you can transfer between the
two);
- the gates at Euston tube and Euston NR (and also Euston Square?)
allow out-of-station interchanges (same reason);
- an out-of-station interchange can be made between *any* two gates
that allow them - not just between "linked" pairs/sets of gates.

So presumably, if you touched out at Hammersmith, got a (super fast)
taxi to KX, and touched in there, it would count as an out-of-station
interchange.

So is there a list of places that allow these interchanges? The Baker
Street / Marylebone one is far from obvious (it's not shown as an
interchange on maps, though there are signs at Baker St pointing the
way to Marylebone), and I can think of some other places it'd be handy
(Northwick Park to Kenton?).

This facilty is only available when requested by Station Supervisors
or Tfl. The Oyster readers are instructed to "become" readers at the
adjacent station if the adjacent station is closed, therefore allowing
the interchanges mentioned above. As mentioned elsewhere I would
imagine this link of the gates is being allowed because of possible
crowd control problems at Kings Cross. So, to answer your question
there is no list.