Old April 23rd 05, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Google maps again

I note Google Maps correctly knows that the centre of the universe is
Crewe; however, it doesn't think it has a railway station, which is very
strange, since that's pretty much all it has.

I also note that it knows something about the channel tunnel that we
don't:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Farthingloe

(zoom out about 3 pegs)

Multimap disagrees, but does seem to know a quite unnecessary amount about
the route of the tunnel:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...ic&coordsys=gb

Google and Multimap both have a decidedly odd idea about the path of the
railway just outside Deal, too:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...ic&coordsys=gb
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=West+Lea,+CT14

Has anyone figured out how to construct URLs pointing to a specific
location on a Google map, like the Multimap URLs above? The only stuff i
can find indicates that manipulating Google Maps involves hair-raising XML
and/or javascript.

tom

--
They Set Up Us The Revolution - Now We Have Set Up It Them Back