Old April 24th 05, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Extra Carraige on the Edware Road branch?

In article .com,
(Chris!) wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
IIRC there is a contract option to allow for 7 car instead of 6 car
operation on the Circle, H&C and Wimbleware part of the SSL network.
I think the prospective parliamentary candidate may be referring to
that. I shall have to check to see if LUL has exercised that option or
not.

Would those 7 cars be the same total length as the current 6 then? Or
would platforms need extending? Or am I completely wrong in thinking
the current 6 car ones fill the platform at some stations.

It seems hard to credit that the new cars could be any shorter than the
existing C stock ones, unless they were articulated. I thought
articulation had been ruled out some time ago.

--
Colin Rosenstiel