Old April 27th 05, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Rail service to/from the Midlands into London

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
In message , at 00:16:05 on
Wed, 27 Apr 2005, No body remarked:
However I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly but it looks like the
daily return rate is in the range of 40-80 per day. Is this correct? Have
the rates gone up this much?

Prices have risen on all routes way above inflation. But Virgin more so
than (say) MML. Of course, you'll get a discount for buying a season
ticket. You don't say where in the Midlands, East or West; but a working
assumption is probably: £40 a day (with a season) - plus parking, an hour
and a half journey time, and if you are lucky a half hour frequency.

Depending on whether you are close to the old GWR line and whereabouts in
London you'll be working, you may find it cheaper to use Chiltern Railways'
service from Birmingham Snow Hill, Solihull, Warwick etc to Marylebone.
Journey times will be longer and you may have to travel further on the tube,
but I believe their fares are quite a bit cheaper.