Old April 28th 05, 05:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Default Activating Oyster Cards at Railway Stations

"Mick" wrote in message
Can someone tell me whether I can order a travel card for my Oyster Card on
the Internet and have it activated from a train station (i.e. not a London
Underground station).

e.g.. can I buy a zone 1-6 weekly travel card online for my oyster card and
have it active for tomorrow and then walk up to the station and walk through
the gates on the morning?

Assuming your journey is Waterloo Surbiton, you can nominate Waterloo and
use the validators near the W&C line to pick up your ticket.

The same is true if you pass through Wimbledon with the platform validators there.
You would need to pick up your ticket before the previous one expires of course.