Old April 28th 05, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Rail service to/from the Midlands into London

In message , at 03:27:34 on
Thu, 28 Apr 2005, No body remarked:
I'll be just North of Derby.
so I suppose that would include, Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield etc.

How are you proposing getting to the nearest mainline station?

Once you are there, the journey to/from St Pancras is 2 hours, and
depending on where in London your work is, you are easily looking at
spending 6 hrs each day travelling.

Another option (which some people have told me they use) is to drive to
Retford/Grantham and get the much faster GNER trains.

I was just very surprised at the price, esp as they're not bullet
trains.

MML is probably cheaper than those lines that *do* have faster trains,
though.