Old May 3rd 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Old A-Zs of London

In message , John Rowland
writes

Could anyone with a decent collection please pin down when Southwell Rd HA3
was built?

It is not shown in my 1948 Bartholomew Reference Atlas (which also shows
the top end of adjacent Shaftesbury Avenue as still under construction.

It still doesn't appear in the 1961 edition, although Shaftesbury Avenue
is clearly completed by then.

Southwell Road *does* appear in my 1988 Geographia - so some time
between 1961 and 1988 look likely. Hope that helps - perhaps someone
else can pin the date down more precisely.
--
Paul Terry