Old May 20th 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Oyster trouble

Chris! wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

£1.10 Fulham Bdy
£1.80 S Harrow - Fulham Bdy

I was more annoyed that the helpline said they couldn't do anything,
than that the unresolved journey got onto the card. I'm usually very
forgiving but it strikes me as odd that it's OK for LUL not to refund

an

overcharge when the card is unregistered, although perhaps there's a
good reason for it.

Surely it doesn't matter whether or not the card is registered? Your
mate purchased £X of prepay to use to make journeys with an Oyster
Card. He is now unable to make £X of journies due to staff
incompetence so havent TFL breached the contract? He could spend
£100+ taking them to a small claims court

I did check through the Conditions of Carriage to see if there was
anything about refunds and unregistered Oysters, but I couldn't find
anything. I'm tempted to write to TfL to have a moan about it for him;
as for a small claims court, it would be an awful lot of effort for a
£1.10 overcharge. I'd be confident that something can be sorted out
directly with TfL.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7