Old May 21st 05, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Flying terminus was Connectivity

What the hell is a flying terminus? I'm getting visions of some
sort of Hayao Miyazaki sort of affair ...

http://216.55.161.203/theonekea/unde...g-terminus.txt

The person who invented this

Huh? Grade-separating the scissors crossover is hardly a huge leap of
the imagination. I'm sure a lot more than 1 person has thought of it
before, and then only considered it a passing thought rather than an
invention!

has done the math and discovered that
reversing capacity on this terminal layout is very high - capacity is
only limited by the run in time + dwell time + run out time; if these
values are kept low, frequencies as high as 40tph can be contemplated.