Old June 11th 05, 12:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default getting to Gatwick Airport

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:32:29 GMT, "Jack Taylor"
wrote:

"Spyke" wrote in message

Surely it'd be better to transfer from the Met to Thamelink at
Farringdon anyway, as it's just over the footbridge rather than a long
walk.

Good point actually! The OP mentioned KX so I just ran with it without
thinking. Either way, though, it's a slow and miserable journey going via
Thameslink.

TBH, if I was going from Harrow with luggage then I'd go to Harrow and
Wealdstone and get a (Southern) Watford - Gatwick - Brighton train right
through, without any changes at all.

I'd agree. Short bus ride on the 182/186/140/340/258 to Harrow &
Wealdstone, then the (hourly) Southern train to Gatwick. Might well
save you a couple of quid too as you avoid Zone 1.

When you get to Harrow & Wealdstone station, you can walk under the
stairs up to the footbridge, to get to the Gatwick-bound platform
without having to go up the stairs and down again.