Old July 7th 05, 04:01 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Olympic Announcement 'Event'

Paul Terry wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 7 Jul 2005:

In message , Mrs
Redboots writes

Only one ice rink, as far as I know - and the sooner they bring that
back, the better.

Not much chance of Richmond being brought back, I would have
thought - I've lived here most of my life and seen endless plans to have
the rink rebuilt, but none have come to anything.

Doesn't stop people still campaigning!

But I'm sure other rinks have closed. Weren't there rinks at Haringey,
Alexandra Palace, and Wembley - and (some time ago) Golder's Green?
And I'm sure there was one somewhere in SE London where I went as a
schoolboy ... Lewisham or Catford, perhaps - I don't thinkl we went as
far as Streatham.

There still is a rink at Alexandra Palace - I was skating there just
last night. Don't know about the other rinks, though, not heard of
them.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/