Old July 11th 05, 02:16 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,uk.transport.london
[email protected] pvos58@yahoo.com is offline

Default 2 is more likely (was London bombs - the work of ONE man?)

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article .com,
Peter Vos writes
Say you start at 8:40 set three timers for 11 minutes ... ride towards
the closest stop which is Euston, get off at 8:42, ride back towards
KX, get off at 8:45. The 204 would be close to Moorgate when the 216
left Edgware. Given the numbering, it is likely the 204 originates
earlier than the 216 so you would need to be on that train first.

It doesn't work like that.

Trains 201 to 207 run clockwise round the Circle. They should be in
order - that is, if you stay on one platform you should see 201 arrive,
then 202 (perhaps with non-Circle trains between), then 203, and so on.
They originate from various places in the 05:00 to 06:00 timescale. They
don't start from the depot in numerical order; rather, they will have
starting times and initial moves to get them into order.

Trains 211 to 217 run anti-clockwise in the same way.

[Note 2*0*x for the *O*uter track and 2*1*x for the *I*nner track.]

This is exactly the level of detail I figured people in this group
would have. If you allow for about a minute slack time so things are
not exactly simultaneous, then here's a potential timeline starting
with the 216:

8:38 leave KX on 216, drop bomb with 12 minute delay
8:40 get off at Euston
8:42 get on 204 and drop bomb with 10 minute delay
8:44 arrive KX and get off.
8:49 drop bomb on Picadilly Line without getting on.

The current scenario has a bit of slack in it, which I think is
critical for something this tightly timed. The weakest link is making
the connection at Euston. If you are delayed making the connection at
Euston, the 204 bomb would go off closer to Moorgate which would not be
too big a deal. The big risk is you might miss the Picadilly Line
connection and be stuck in KX with a ticking time bomb. However, in
this version you actually have MORE time to get between the two lines.
You can also buffer things a bit by assuming the first available
Picadilly train (in either direction) will be targeted. In other
words, you could expand the down time at Euston by 2 minutes and still
have things work out more or less.

So it looks like one guy *is* possible. However, I still favor two
because that would dramatically improve the chances of success.

Someone commented they didn't think the seats on C stock had space
beneath them. I am assuming you have to plant the bombs on the Circle
Lines because just dropping them leaves too much time and too many
stops for suspicion and possible removal to a platform.

That means
you would need 4 minutes to get from the eastbound Circle Line platform
to the front of the westbound Picadilly line platform.

Questions:
Is that possible without too much trouble? Is it possible to do it in 3
minutes at a brisk walk?

I believe so, though I've lost track of which passageways are open at
the moment.

The south end of the Piccadilly platforms are nearest the bottom of the
escalators (also true for the Northern and Victoria, oddly enough).

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: