Old July 11th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default Which way were the trains going?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Details are fairly sketchy, almost certainly because nobody was killed,
so it wasn't a "major incident" that would be remembered. The only
other place I know it is coveredc is the commentary of the Piccadilly
"Driver's Eye View" video, teh gist of which was it was while still in
the platform tunnel, while in the process of reversing, but my memory
may be wrong on that.

It was a 1959 stock train, and IIRC the train was in Wood Green's eastbound
platform, either waiting for the siding route to be set, or moving slowly
into the siding. There's a picture in Rails Through The Clay IIRC. The train
wasn't too badly damaged, but nonetheless the 59ts car concerned had to be
scrapped.