Old July 15th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Re Bomb Blasts in London

In article , Loony Tune
writes
Just a curious note. I heard on a radio broadcast (LBC Nick Ferrari I think)
that in the Daily Express on the Tuesday of last week the G8 protesters had
stated that London would have a very big surprise (or words to that effect)
within 48 hours.

[...]
can
we really discount another organisation? Admittedly it does look like an
Al-Qaeda type of activity.

Assuming that is what was actually said by the protesters ...

Theory 1: they planned a surprise demonstration at (e.g.) Parliament
while all attention was on Tony at Gleneagles, then cancelled it when
the bombings happened.

Theory 2: winning the Olympics was certainly a surprise (even if
welcome) to many Londoners; equally, so would losing it have been.
Either way, London got a "very big surprise".

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: