Old July 13th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Re Bomb Blasts in London

Just a curious note. I heard on a radio broadcast (LBC Nick Ferrari I think)
that in the Daily Express on the Tuesday of last week the G8 protesters had
stated that London would have a very big surprise (or words to that effect)
within 48 hours. Now I've looked for that article but to no avail. Did
anyone read this article and does it really read like this or could it have
been taken out of context? Bearing in mind the developments of the past 24
hours (Controlled explosions at Luton Station, raids in Yorkshire etc..) can
we really discount another organisation? Admittedly it does look like an
Al-Qaeda type of activity.

Loony T

PS Thoughts go out to all people affected by last Thursday

Old July 14th 05, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Indeed Looney,the Suicide scenario is not sitting easily with me.
Probably the most head scratching bit is the absence of a tape or video in
which the Suicidees make their last declarations and praise Allah the
merciful etc.
AFIK this last testament is an integral part of the entire process and
figures greatly in all of the publicised Mid East SB`s.
Yet in the case of London we have nothing that we know about.
There is another aspect too and that is the bidding of last farewells to
close family members which is again absent in the London case.
There is an awful sadness about looking at some of the available video`s of
many young smiling men wearing Islamic Green headbands and waving assault
rifles almost dwarfing themselves.
The gestures they make and the entire posturing process comes directly from
the TV images of American Wrestling as the protagonists go through the
motions before,during and after the "Bout".
One wonders if Islam actually realises just how much the Western Mores have
actually infiltrated into the hearts and minds of its young men....
Are they committing these acts in the name of Allah the all-merciful or is
it to fulfill the imprinted image from WWF or WCW that they stare at for
hours in the sheltered little world of the young islamic male ?
Before anybody takes umbrage...The Western world treats its young men no
better........perhaps a better quality uniforn and thats about it.

Old July 15th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Loony Tune
writes
Just a curious note. I heard on a radio broadcast (LBC Nick Ferrari I think)
that in the Daily Express on the Tuesday of last week the G8 protesters had
stated that London would have a very big surprise (or words to that effect)
within 48 hours.

[...]
can
we really discount another organisation? Admittedly it does look like an
Al-Qaeda type of activity.

Assuming that is what was actually said by the protesters ...

Theory 1: they planned a surprise demonstration at (e.g.) Parliament
while all attention was on Tony at Gleneagles, then cancelled it when
the bombings happened.

Theory 2: winning the Olympics was certainly a surprise (even if
welcome) to many Londoners; equally, so would losing it have been.
Either way, London got a "very big surprise".

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: