Old July 17th 05, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Why can't the Picc terminate southbound at Wood Green?

In message , Malcolm Pinnell
writes

Steve..... Vic line DMTs were/are being 'hunted' to go to HPC and
introduce/assist with stepping back. None went, we have our own probs
at the moment...... Is it happening?

I went in to work today for my normal duty (1748) to find they'd all
been changed around and I wasn't booking on till 2000. Needless to say,
I was extremely unhappy sitting there for 3 hours when I had better
things to do - and I told Maxwell (formerly of your Parish, I gather!)
just what I thought about them not warning us in advance.

The HPC thing seems to be working quite well with two pairs of drivers
taking the trains from the incoming operator and reversing them east to
west in very short order and handing them back. We do seem to be able
to maintain the 5 minute Heathrow without too much trouble this way. I
quite enjoyed doing it last night too.

We're using a mix of Arnos and Acton DMTs currently, although from what
I can see he/she's just there to log the trains and who reverses them.
Drivers are sorting themselves out as to which trains we do and who goes
at which end. I'm booked to do it again tomorrow though, so I'm looking
forward to that one.

I gather 'schedules' are coming up with a properly rostered up temporary
timetable which does suggest they're expecting the worst.

And we still haven't got our chocolates :-(