Old July 15th 05, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why can't the Picc terminate southbound at Wood Green?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:34:13 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

And presumably no engineers' trains can be transferred to the north end of
the Picc or indeed the entire Northern Line while this situation continues.

Or the Victoria Line.

Can't they still get to the Vic/Northern using the
Eastbound/Northbound Picc tunnel?

Old July 15th 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:38:56 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

The suburban platforms at KX are between 163m and 166m and hold 2x365
quite happily.

Thanks for the correction, must have been thinking of something else!
Old July 16th 05, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Colin
Rosenstiel writes

If you say so. I thought it was also said that reversing at Uxbridge was
simpler than doing it at Rayner's Lane but there you go. I appreciate the
trip length is greater which may upset other calculations though.

As restoration of the full Piccadilly service is likely to be some months
away, presumably someone is working on the rostering as we write?

I believe so.

Steve..... Vic line DMTs were/are being 'hunted' to go to HPC and
introduce/assist with stepping back. None went, we have our own probs at the
moment...... Is it happening?

mal

Old July 17th 05, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Malcolm Pinnell
writes

Steve..... Vic line DMTs were/are being 'hunted' to go to HPC and
introduce/assist with stepping back. None went, we have our own probs
at the moment...... Is it happening?

I went in to work today for my normal duty (1748) to find they'd all
been changed around and I wasn't booking on till 2000. Needless to say,
I was extremely unhappy sitting there for 3 hours when I had better
things to do - and I told Maxwell (formerly of your Parish, I gather!)
just what I thought about them not warning us in advance.

The HPC thing seems to be working quite well with two pairs of drivers
taking the trains from the incoming operator and reversing them east to
west in very short order and handing them back. We do seem to be able
to maintain the 5 minute Heathrow without too much trouble this way. I
quite enjoyed doing it last night too.

We're using a mix of Arnos and Acton DMTs currently, although from what
I can see he/she's just there to log the trains and who reverses them.
Drivers are sorting themselves out as to which trains we do and who goes
at which end. I'm booked to do it again tomorrow though, so I'm looking
forward to that one.

I gather 'schedules' are coming up with a properly rostered up temporary
timetable which does suggest they're expecting the worst.

And we still haven't got our chocolates :-(