Old July 23rd 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:28:47 +0100, John Turner wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
"Uncle Fester" wrote

Work on public transport long enough and respect for travellers goes
down the drain.

You want to try working in an environment where your respect for and
treatment of customers has a direct impact on whether or not you have a pay
packet at the end of the week/month. You'd soon change your attitude.

Would you like to tell me which environment that is, John?

I'm *not* backing "Uncle Fester" up, believe me. but I can honestly
say that I have not seen any public-facing organisation which
consistently shows any reasonable amount of respect for or decent
treatment of their customers.

"Some good points, some bad points, Adequate overall" would be my
report card on most service organisations in this country.

Shouldn't be that way, of course, but I think that's the way the
British are, so it's what we get.

--
Ross, Lincoln, UK

We're *not* afraid