Old August 28th 05, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default DLR three car trains - City Airport extension

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:54:39 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

"Londoncityslicker" a écrit dans le
message de oups.com...

Does anyone know if the stations on the City Airport extension are
built for three car operation?

[snip]

A clarification:
- The City Airport extension has been built for two-car trains.
- The Woolwich extension is being built for three-car trains.
- Three-car trains will initially run only between Bank and Lewisham,

from 2009.

- Money has been allocated from the Olympic fund to extend platforms at
City Airport extension stations for three-car trains, for 2012.

Ah - thank you. I had ascertained the first and third points in your
list. However I have not been able to find anything on the DLR site
(from a quick search admittedly) that categorically states points 2 and
4 from your list.

Sorry to be a bit cheeky but can you point me to the definitive detail
from TfL that deals with the 3 car extension plans for other than Bank
to Lewisham. I have done a quick trawl of your site as well :-)

The Olympic money for three-car running on the LCY extension is
mentioned in the latest issue of DLR's passenger newsletter:
http://pressroom.dlr.co.uk/pdf/DLR30...sletter_AW.PDF

Can't find the proof that Woolwich Arsenal will be able to take 3 cars
at the moment, although it's sort of implied by the fact that the
Olympic money is just for upgrading the LCY stations.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7