Old September 17th 05, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Help Req: NW3 to LGW

In message .com,
writes

I currently live in Camden, and am just completing my training to be a
pilot. There's a good chance that, upon completion, I'll be based at
Gatwick. What I'm trying to work out is whether it's going to be
feasible to travel to work across London, or whether I'm going to have
to move to somewhere a little nearer.

Options, as I see them:
1) Drive something like Hammersmith, M4, M25, M23, LGW
2) Drive something like Waterloo Bridge, Mitcham, A23, M23 (across
London)
3) Thameslink West Hampstead to LGW.

As I'll be going to work at all sorts of times day and night, I suppose
if I'm going in at 0400 then driving is probably fastest (around the
motorway), but if I'm going in the rush hour, the train would be the
option.

Any advice or ideas more than welcome.

The train is going to be quicker at almost any time of the day or night
- West Hampstead to Gatwick takes an hour (or slightly more at times of
day when a change is required). I doubt if you could drive it in that
time, even at 4 in the morning - and at busy times it could easily take
two hours or more each way.

--
Paul Terry