Old August 31st 03, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Old LT Garages

In article ,
(Paul Terry) wrote:

It seems extraordinary to think that the entire Hammersmith one-way
system must have been rewired for a very complex overhead trolley
system with numerous junctions, only to have the whole lot torn down a
few months later when trolleybus operations ceased.

It was more than a few months. I think Butterwick was either already there
when I started school in Hammersmith Road in 1957 or was built shortly
afterwards. I don't think it was as late as 1959/60. They did make some
overhead alterations in Butterwick before abandonment but I can't now
remember the details.

--
Colin Rosenstiel