Old September 4th 03, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stimpy Stimpy is offline

Default still live possible chat

"Centaur" wrote in message

Be *very* careful with mirc - it's a favourite way of installing a
backdoor trojan onto a remote machine

U mean by DCC the file transfer system? well yes this is always a

risk I
agree but I would offer to you that in todays climate of more

awareness on
virus attack firewalls and anti virus software of this sort plus the

sort of
people that use mIRC (generally more computer literate both for

perpetrating
and prevention against such devious attempts although not always the

case
its true) but generally speaking, then it is possible to keep on top

of such
events. I wouldn't be scared to use mIRC just because of that risk

and I
don't think people should be.

Agreed. Just flagging up the warning to anyone unfamiliar with mIRC.
Lets face it, if everyone was already equipped with firewalls and
anti-virus software then we wouldn't have the sort of virus frenzy
we've seen recently.

So are you popping in yourself sometime then?

Sorry, no. I don't see the point. This ng does everything I need :-)