Old September 3rd 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default still live possible chat

thought I'd post again http://www.mirc.com
when u have it downloaded or whatever and connected to an Undernet server
open this url in ur browser:
irc://undernet/uklondontransport
Dave R.

Old September 4th 03, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Stimpy" wrote in message
"Centaur" wrote in message
thought I'd post again http://www.mirc.com
when u have it downloaded or whatever and connected to an Undernet

server
open this url in ur browser:
irc://undernet/uklondontransport
Dave R.

Be *very* careful with mirc - it's a favourite way of installing a
backdoor trojan onto a remote machine

U mean by DCC the file transfer system? well yes this is always a risk I
agree but I would offer to you that in todays climate of more awareness on
virus attack firewalls and anti virus software of this sort plus the sort of
people that use mIRC (generally more computer literate both for perpetrating
and prevention against such devious attempts although not always the case
its true) but generally speaking, then it is possible to keep on top of such
events. I wouldn't be scared to use mIRC just because of that risk and I
don't think people should be.
So are you popping in yourself sometime then?
DR

Old September 4th 03, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Centaur" wrote in message

Be *very* careful with mirc - it's a favourite way of installing a
backdoor trojan onto a remote machine

U mean by DCC the file transfer system? well yes this is always a

risk I
agree but I would offer to you that in todays climate of more

awareness on
virus attack firewalls and anti virus software of this sort plus the

sort of
people that use mIRC (generally more computer literate both for

perpetrating
and prevention against such devious attempts although not always the

case
its true) but generally speaking, then it is possible to keep on top

of such
events. I wouldn't be scared to use mIRC just because of that risk

and I
don't think people should be.

Agreed. Just flagging up the warning to anyone unfamiliar with mIRC.
Lets face it, if everyone was already equipped with firewalls and
anti-virus software then we wouldn't have the sort of virus frenzy
we've seen recently.

So are you popping in yourself sometime then?

Sorry, no. I don't see the point. This ng does everything I need :-)

Old September 11th 03, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , CJG wrote:

What you should do is organise a live newsgroup chat at time when a lot
of people are on-line. The time? Sunday afternoon? A week day evening.

Or just arrange a get-together in a pub in some location suitable for a
significant percentage of the NG contributors. :-)

--
This stuff has made me belch horribly. Which was somewhat embarrassing as I was
trying to talk about the Eastern Orthodox church at the time. -- Eliahn
Old September 12th 03, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Niklas Karlsson" wrote in message
In article , CJG wrote:
Or just arrange a get-together in a pub in some location suitable for a
significant percentage of the NG contributors. :-)

Obviously someone with a sense of humour. I seriously think something like a
#uklondontransport irc channel would suceed after all there a just as many
minority interest groups with channels that operate on very low key
membership and they survive. Of course sceptics abound everywhere.
When it gets going and it can take years i've had a few drifting in where I
managed to enlighten the uninitiated about our transport affairs in uk (and
thats by the way working on my own here without the jibes) im sure those
that have little interest now on this newsgroup will condescend to pop in,
even if only briefly out of sheer curiosity. Either that or they have great
determination not to bother. No Problem.
Pre-38