Old October 31st 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Another! Oyster question

Fig typed

Can you just clarify for me please then, an Oyster card with a season
ticket doesn't always need to be touched in/out.

That is correct.

For example, the barriers at the end of my journey covered by a season
travel card are open. Do I need to touch out.

Not really.

For example, touching in at North Acton, do I need to touch out using the
platform validator at Ealing Broadway before boarding a NR train?

First example is not to inconvenient, the second can be at busy times.

You only really *have* to touch in and out at the start and finish of a
trip which will use PrePay. If all your journeys are covered by
Travelcards, you are best opening the gates (if needed) with a ticket
valid in that Zone.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.