Old September 4th 03, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Last weekend for Routemasters on Route 15

Ian Jelf wrote in message ...

I'd always thought that when "the Day" comes, when Routemasters are
finally withdrawn from "regular" service, that some would continue ad
infinitum, a la San Francisco cable cars or Melbourne W class trams on
routes most frequented by tourists/visitors. I had always, somehow, in
my own mid, envisaged these as the 9, 11 and 15, too.

Just my two penn'orth.......

On BBC London this week Sir Kenneth confirmed the intention is to keep
some Routemasters in service on tourist routes.