Old November 8th 05, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default First Class in the South East

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Paul Scott
writes

There is no first class on the Windsor service though,. The first class
sections are declassified, and usually quite empty, because the majority
of
passengers don't realise this.

Ah yes, you're right - but I think Reading trains on the same line still
have first class (thus adding yet further to the confusion, since if you
get on somewhere like Richmond you don't tend to think about whether the
train started from Reading or Windsor).

--
Paul Terry

I wonder if it is a result of the Desiro 450 order being changed? Perhaps
the other Desiros would have been single class. As it is there must be a
number of routes where 450s are used on non first class services, I wonder
if anyone knows of any others? I'm sure some of the services through
Fareham are shown on the timetable posters as not having first class, but
all the actual units used have the seating now...

Paul