Old November 9th 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default TfL's latest scam - charging twice for a bus journey

This has happend to me twice this week and 4 times to a friend within the
last 6 days.
When paying by PAYG Oyster Card on a bus, the bus then terminates it's
journey short of the short of the stop indicated on the front of the bus, in
my case, I took a number 4 from Goswell Road to Waterloo, it said Waterloo
on the front, but it terminated at Ludgate Circus and everyone was ordered
off and onto the number 4 bus that was at the stop in front. I was then told
that I had to swipe my Oyster on the reader again. I have now paid £2 for
the journey that I should have only paid £1 for.
Today when getting onto the second bus and this time knowing that I was
going to have to pay, I swiped my Oyster only to be told that I now had
isufficent credit, I offered to pay and was told that it was within the
yellow area where they are not allwoed to accept cash payment.

This is one hell of a f**king scam as far as I can see. Why should the
passenger be forced to be out of pocket just because the bus decides to stop
early. I understand that occasioanlly a vehicle is taken out of service for
whatever reason, but in the past the driver would usually wait until an
alternative came and we couuld board that without making a further purchase,
now we are penalised.

If Ken wants to **** off Londoners any more then he's going the right way
about it. And while I'm on the matter, he's really gonna **** off the
tourists next year when they have to pay £3 for a tube journey cos they
don't know about Oysters!