Old November 10th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
EK EK is offline

Default TfL's latest scam - charging twice for a bus journey

"Barry Salter" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 20:47:27 +0000 (UTC), "Steve"
wrote:

[Paying twice due to buses turning early]

This is one hell of a f**king scam as far as I can see. Why should the
passenger be forced to be out of pocket just because the bus decides to
stop
early. I understand that occasioanlly a vehicle is taken out of service
for
whatever reason, but in the past the driver would usually wait until an
alternative came and we couuld board that without making a further
purchase,
now we are penalised.

There's no difference between Oyster and cash in cases like that. The
correct procedure, as I understand it, is for the driver on the bus
that's being turned early to issue the affected passengers with a
"Transfer Ticket", which you then show to the driver on the other bus.

The more "usual" procedure, where another bus on the same route is just
behind/in front, seems to be that everyone just transfers to the other
bus, and the two drivers have a quick chat, and that's about it.

Cheers,

Barry

Should you not still ask for a transfer ticket even if you have to switch to
another bus to continue your route ? Who's to say a ticket inspector won't
get onto the new bus and find out you haven't touched in with your
oystercard ?

--

Click it or not, it's not up to me.