Old September 7th 03, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Acrosticus Acrosticus is offline

Default London Miniature Train Rides?

From: Paul Terry
Date: 06/09/2003 20:12 GMT Daylight Time
In message , Acrosticus
writes

From: Paul Terry
Date: 03/09/2003 09:08 GMT Daylight Time

For a really serious small railway experience, albeit a little more than
50 miles out, there is the 13+ miles of the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch:
http://www.rhdr.demon.co.uk/rhdr.html

Serious? Really?

Yes, really and seriously.

"Take your kids into a fatal accident occurrence and see how
they react" then is it?

Don't be so paranoid. No passengers were killed or even suffered serious
injury. The driver of the car that apparently caused the death of the
driver was arrested, according to news reports. Locals said that the
flashing lights on the crossing were working normally. The entire line
was reopened two days later *AFTER* inspection from the Health and
Safety Executive.

If you want your kids to react to fatal accidents, I suggest you
introduce them to the road network, on which more than 10 people die
every day in this country.

Don't forget what happened early last month! Rather a
dangerous place in my opinion.

Then I very much hope that you don't let any kids of yours near roads or
any sort of railways. Keeping them locked in the house might be best,
providing you think it won't burn down.

Oh! Wait a minute! There are 2,700,000 accidents a year in the home, and
4,066 fatalities arising from incidents in the home. So perhaps you
should just show your kids a house in order to scare them to death?

--
Paul Terry

Two flaws in your argument. First, I have no children. Second, I worked for the
Romney, Humpty Dumpty Railway for seven years and know how casual they are
about safety as a result. Have a nice day :-)