Old September 6th 03, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Miniature Train Rides?

In message , Acrosticus
writes

From: Paul Terry
Date: 03/09/2003 09:08 GMT Daylight Time

For a really serious small railway experience, albeit a little more than
50 miles out, there is the 13+ miles of the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch:
http://www.rhdr.demon.co.uk/rhdr.html

Serious? Really?

Yes, really and seriously.

"Take your kids into a fatal accident occurrence and see how
they react" then is it?

Don't be so paranoid. No passengers were killed or even suffered serious
injury. The driver of the car that apparently caused the death of the
driver was arrested, according to news reports. Locals said that the
flashing lights on the crossing were working normally. The entire line
was reopened two days later *AFTER* inspection from the Health and
Safety Executive.

If you want your kids to react to fatal accidents, I suggest you
introduce them to the road network, on which more than 10 people die
every day in this country.

Don't forget what happened early last month! Rather a
dangerous place in my opinion.

Then I very much hope that you don't let any kids of yours near roads or
any sort of railways. Keeping them locked in the house might be best,
providing you think it won't burn down.

Oh! Wait a minute! There are 2,700,000 accidents a year in the home, and
4,066 fatalities arising from incidents in the home. So perhaps you
should just show your kids a house in order to scare them to death?

--
Paul Terry

Old September 7th 03, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

From: Paul Terry
Date: 06/09/2003 20:12 GMT Daylight Time
In message , Acrosticus
writes

From: Paul Terry
Date: 03/09/2003 09:08 GMT Daylight Time

[...]

Two flaws in your argument. First, I have no children. Second, I worked for the
Romney, Humpty Dumpty Railway for seven years and know how casual they are
about safety as a result. Have a nice day :-)

Old September 7th 03, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Acrosticus
writes

From: Paul Terry
Date: 06/09/2003 20:12 GMT Daylight Time

If you want your kids to react to fatal accidents, I suggest you
introduce them to the road network, on which more than 10 people die
every day in this country.

Two flaws in your argument. First, I have no children.

Then perhaps you should not be preaching to others on where its safe to
take children - I am happy to leave it to the HMRI and HSE inspectors to
decide if the RHDR is safe for the public. Since they allowed the
service to re-open two days later it is clear that they do not have
immediate concerns.

Second, I worked for the Romney, Humpty Dumpty Railway for seven years
and know how casual they are about safety as a result.

And you reported your concerns to the HSE?

Even if you are right, just how would lax railway safety cause a car
driver to overtake stationary traffic waiting at working red lights in
order to plough through a crossing on the wrong side of the road? If
such initial reports turn out to be true, then she could have caused
carnage at any traffic lights in the country.

Have a nice day :-)

You sound like a disgruntled ex-employee. Are you the same Acrosticus
that wrote on the day of the crash ...

The train was probably being driven by some 16 year old kid on
work experience

.... when the dead driver actually turned out to be a 31-year old
employee?

--
Paul Terry