Old September 7th 03, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default London Miniature Train Rides?

In message , Acrosticus
writes

From: Paul Terry
Date: 06/09/2003 20:12 GMT Daylight Time

If you want your kids to react to fatal accidents, I suggest you
introduce them to the road network, on which more than 10 people die
every day in this country.

Two flaws in your argument. First, I have no children.

Then perhaps you should not be preaching to others on where its safe to
take children - I am happy to leave it to the HMRI and HSE inspectors to
decide if the RHDR is safe for the public. Since they allowed the
service to re-open two days later it is clear that they do not have
immediate concerns.

Second, I worked for the Romney, Humpty Dumpty Railway for seven years
and know how casual they are about safety as a result.

And you reported your concerns to the HSE?

Even if you are right, just how would lax railway safety cause a car
driver to overtake stationary traffic waiting at working red lights in
order to plough through a crossing on the wrong side of the road? If
such initial reports turn out to be true, then she could have caused
carnage at any traffic lights in the country.

Have a nice day :-)

You sound like a disgruntled ex-employee. Are you the same Acrosticus
that wrote on the day of the crash ...

The train was probably being driven by some 16 year old kid on
work experience

.... when the dead driver actually turned out to be a 31-year old
employee?

--
Paul Terry