Old November 20th 05, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
londoncityslicker londoncityslicker is offline

Default Catching an early flight from Heathrow

"Saltage" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an early morning (6AM) flight to Cairo out of Heathrow.
I looked up the Tube (first departure is at 5:30AM) and Airport
Express (first departure is at 5:10AM). Taking either of these
will jeopardise my departure to Cairo.

I am on a budget and would like to avoid taking a taxi or staying
in one of those expensive hotels near the aiport.

How can I get to the airport in time?

1. Are there any cheaper hotels near Heathrow (around US$50)?
2. Is there any other mode of transport that starts around 4AM?

My only other option is - get to the airport by mid-night and wait
there until the morning.

Due to the recent developments, is it allowed to stay at Heathrow
overnight?

Thanks

you don't really need to stay in Heathrow proper.
There are various B&Bs and hotels in neighboring towns. Then a short bus or
taxi ride at 5am
Try Hounslow for B&B and Feltham and Brentford have some new budget hotels.
Always worth checking the Heathrow hotels for deals though. Try Travel Inn
or Ibis who have keen prices.
Theres also a new Premier Lodge on the M4.