Old November 19th 05, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Catching an early flight from Heathrow

I have an early morning (6AM) flight to Cairo out of Heathrow.
I looked up the Tube (first departure is at 5:30AM) and Airport
Express (first departure is at 5:10AM). Taking either of these
will jeopardise my departure to Cairo.

I am on a budget and would like to avoid taking a taxi or staying
in one of those expensive hotels near the aiport.

How can I get to the airport in time?

1. Are there any cheaper hotels near Heathrow (around US$50)?
2. Is there any other mode of transport that starts around 4AM?

My only other option is - get to the airport by mid-night and wait
there until the morning.

Due to the recent developments, is it allowed to stay at Heathrow
overnight?

Thanks

Old November 19th 05, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Saltage" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an early morning (6AM) flight to Cairo out of Heathrow.
I looked up the Tube (first departure is at 5:30AM) and Airport
Express (first departure is at 5:10AM). Taking either of these
will jeopardise my departure to Cairo.

I am on a budget and would like to avoid taking a taxi or staying
in one of those expensive hotels near the aiport.

How can I get to the airport in time?

1. Are there any cheaper hotels near Heathrow (around US$50)?
2. Is there any other mode of transport that starts around 4AM?

My only other option is - get to the airport by mid-night and wait
there until the morning.

Due to the recent developments, is it allowed to stay at Heathrow
overnight?

You don't say where you are starting from but the N9 night bus runs all
night every 20 minutes from Central London to Heathrow and takes about an
hour.

Peter Smyth

Old November 19th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks Peter.

I am still looking for an accommodation. This will help me look for a
place on N9 bus route.

Old November 20th 05, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Saltage" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an early morning (6AM) flight to Cairo out of Heathrow.
I looked up the Tube (first departure is at 5:30AM) and Airport
Express (first departure is at 5:10AM). Taking either of these
will jeopardise my departure to Cairo.

I am on a budget and would like to avoid taking a taxi or staying
in one of those expensive hotels near the aiport.

How can I get to the airport in time?

1. Are there any cheaper hotels near Heathrow (around US$50)?
2. Is there any other mode of transport that starts around 4AM?

My only other option is - get to the airport by mid-night and wait
there until the morning.

Due to the recent developments, is it allowed to stay at Heathrow
overnight?

Thanks

you don't really need to stay in Heathrow proper.
There are various B&Bs and hotels in neighboring towns. Then a short bus or
taxi ride at 5am
Try Hounslow for B&B and Feltham and Brentford have some new budget hotels.
Always worth checking the Heathrow hotels for deals though. Try Travel Inn
or Ibis who have keen prices.
Theres also a new Premier Lodge on the M4.

Old November 20th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Saltage wrote:
I have an early morning (6AM) flight to Cairo out of Heathrow.
I looked up the Tube (first departure is at 5:30AM) and Airport
Express (first departure is at 5:10AM). Taking either of these
will jeopardise my departure to Cairo.

I am on a budget and would like to avoid taking a taxi or staying
in one of those expensive hotels near the aiport.

How can I get to the airport in time?

1. Are there any cheaper hotels near Heathrow (around US$50)?
2. Is there any other mode of transport that starts around 4AM?

My only other option is - get to the airport by mid-night and wait
there until the morning.

Due to the recent developments, is it allowed to stay at Heathrow
overnight?

There always seems to be loads of people sleeping in Heathrow airport
whenever I get a morning flight. What are the authorities going to do
with people who miss a flight/have an over-booked flight/turn up at
short notice to attend a funeral abroad? Kick them out into the cold?

Heathrow is easy to get to from anywhere within a few miles of it -
check out the local B&Bs in places such as West Drayton or Langley.
Buses run from 4am or so in Langley and cost about £3 to the airport
(taking about 30 mins or so), and I'd imagine a B&B there would easily
be within your budget.

Old November 20th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Saltage wrote:
Thanks Peter.

I am still looking for an accommodation. This will help me look for a
place on N9 bus route.

Hammersmith and Olympia are possible options. Earl's Court is about 15
minutes' walk from the N9 too.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old November 21st 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Saltage wrote:
Thanks Peter.

I am still looking for an accommodation. This will help me look for a
place on N9 bus route.

Hammersmith and Olympia are possible options. Earl's Court is about 15
minutes' walk from the N9 too.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

There are new Travel Lodge and Travel Inn developments in Brentford which
are directly on the N9 route to Heathrow:

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/...?hotelId=24111

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_h...ondonKewBridge

The Travel Lodge has an offer for £26 rooms within the next 8 weeks.....

Old November 21st 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19 Nov 2005 14:31:37 -0800, "Saltage" wrote:

Due to the recent developments, is it allowed to stay at Heathrow
overnight?

Yes. I had to catch a 06-something flight last month so I got a bus to
the airport at about midnight and joined loads of other people
sleeping on seats, the floor and all over. I missed a flight over
summer, and whatever terminal it was that I was stuck in had plastic
deckchair things for sleeping in.

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/eu...onheathrow.htm has
various details!
--