Old November 20th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Alex Alex is offline

Default Catching an early flight from Heathrow

Saltage wrote:
I have an early morning (6AM) flight to Cairo out of Heathrow.
I looked up the Tube (first departure is at 5:30AM) and Airport
Express (first departure is at 5:10AM). Taking either of these
will jeopardise my departure to Cairo.

I am on a budget and would like to avoid taking a taxi or staying
in one of those expensive hotels near the aiport.

How can I get to the airport in time?

1. Are there any cheaper hotels near Heathrow (around US$50)?
2. Is there any other mode of transport that starts around 4AM?

My only other option is - get to the airport by mid-night and wait
there until the morning.

Due to the recent developments, is it allowed to stay at Heathrow
overnight?

There always seems to be loads of people sleeping in Heathrow airport
whenever I get a morning flight. What are the authorities going to do
with people who miss a flight/have an over-booked flight/turn up at
short notice to attend a funeral abroad? Kick them out into the cold?

Heathrow is easy to get to from anywhere within a few miles of it -
check out the local B&Bs in places such as West Drayton or Langley.
Buses run from 4am or so in Langley and cost about £3 to the airport
(taking about 30 mins or so), and I'd imagine a B&B there would easily
be within your budget.