Old November 20th 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Steve M Steve M is offline

Default SWT Trains through East Putney today

4sub wrote:

Not just engineering work. When I commuted to/from Waterloo on trains
that went though Wimbledon this alternative route was taken maybe twice
a year. Whether the reason was congestion on the usual down line or
just for fun I don't know but it was quite amusing to see how many
passemgers were (a) awake enough to notice and (b) hadn't done it
before and so wondered if they were on the wrong train.

--
Mike D

When I was based at Dorking North in the early 80's the first one up on
sunday normally went via East Putney.

I managed to travel this way for the first time last night - the 0042
Waterloo to Strawberry Hill has a booked path via East Putney but so far
has always gone main line when I've used it. I don't think we travelled
faster than 20mph all the way though - can National Rail trains travel
as fast as LUL trains down here?

Cheers

Steve M