Old December 9th 05, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] furles@mail.croydon.ac.uk is offline

Default Croydon Tramlink 'Centrale' stop.

I passed the new Tramlink stop today. The railings along the tram side
of the platform have been removed, and the platform edge re-paved. A
notice has been posted, stating that the stop is not yet in use, but
that they hope to open it within the next few days. 'Centrale' signs
have been erected (named after a new shopping centre which the stop
will serve), I had previously heard that the stop was going to be named
'Tamworth Road'

A single ticket machine is in place, and the one that was in the
Tramlink shop has been removed. Whether this is the one that is now at
'Centrale', of if that was previously a spare machine, and the shop one
is now a spare, I don't know. There is also what looks like a base for
a parking ticket type machine, but no machine is mounted on it.

I thought the plan was that the stop would open in January; if so, then
it would seem to be well ahead of schedule. I also read somewhere, but
I can't remember where, that the service pattern is changing in
January, with route 1, the Elmers End one, which currently runs through
to Wimbledon, benig cut back to run around the town centre loop and
return to Elmers End, and route 3, the New Addington one, extended to
Wimbledon. Does anyone know anything about this?