Old December 9th 05, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Croydon Tramlink 'Centrale' stop.

I passed the new Tramlink stop today. The railings along the tram side
of the platform have been removed, and the platform edge re-paved. A
notice has been posted, stating that the stop is not yet in use, but
that they hope to open it within the next few days. 'Centrale' signs
have been erected (named after a new shopping centre which the stop
will serve), I had previously heard that the stop was going to be named
'Tamworth Road'

A single ticket machine is in place, and the one that was in the
Tramlink shop has been removed. Whether this is the one that is now at
'Centrale', of if that was previously a spare machine, and the shop one
is now a spare, I don't know. There is also what looks like a base for
a parking ticket type machine, but no machine is mounted on it.

I thought the plan was that the stop would open in January; if so, then
it would seem to be well ahead of schedule. I also read somewhere, but
I can't remember where, that the service pattern is changing in
January, with route 1, the Elmers End one, which currently runs through
to Wimbledon, benig cut back to run around the town centre loop and
return to Elmers End, and route 3, the New Addington one, extended to
Wimbledon. Does anyone know anything about this?

Old December 10th 05, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:53:37 -0000, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

wrote in
.com:

I passed the new Tramlink stop today. The railings along the tram
side of the platform have been removed, and the platform edge
re-paved. A notice has been posted, stating that the stop is not yet
in use, but that they hope to open it within the next few days.
'Centrale' signs have been erected (named after a new shopping centre
which the stop will serve), I had previously heard that the stop was
going to be named 'Tamworth Road'

Bewa you might be at risk of being accused by Tramlink of posting
"libellous rubbish" ;-)

See the thread Tramlink Censorship in this group.

Suggesting it is "libellous rubbish" might constitute "libellous
rubbish" in itself! Maybe even mentioning the name T******k will be
enough to have the corporate lawyers swooping down!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/
Old December 12th 05, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

The new stop was in use yesterday.

Old December 14th 05, 08:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

Trams are stopping. The on-tram announcements know about the stop, and
there are stickers in various places announcing it.

That's interesting; when was this? I went through the stop on Sunday
evening, the tram stopped there, but the automatic announcement was for
West Croydon, I didn't notice what the visual displays said. No manual
pa announcement was made. Is the stop used at all times, or only when
the Centrale centre is open? Maybe at the time I was there the tram
shouldn't have stopped because the centre was closed? I'm not sure if
any doors open, or in any passengers boarded or alighted.

Old December 14th 05, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Feather:
Yesterday (Tuesday). I wrote that message on the tram.

Graffiti? Oh shame! :-)
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Sex on trains, of course."
-- Clive Feather
Old December 14th 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Mark Brader
writes
Clive Feather:
Yesterday (Tuesday). I wrote that message on the tram.

Graffiti? Oh shame! :-)

Canada 1

United Kingdom 0

:-)