Old December 11th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Godalming to Ealing Broadway

David Bradley wrote:
When I purchased my rail ticket from Godalming to Ealing Broadway the
other day, the route I could take was "any permitted". I was musing
on my way [weekday early morning] via Waterloo / Bond Street and onto
Ealing Broadway whether an alternative that could have been used was
changing at Woking onto the Railair coach link to Heathrow Central
and then the Heathrow Connect service to Ealing Broadway. Even if
permissible, I wondered if it would have been quicker than the actual
route taken. Be interesting to know the answer to that one.

Almost certainly not permitted on your ticket, as the line between
Heathrow and Airport Junction (west of Hayes) is not part of the
National Rail network. It's BAA's private railway, and they charge
premium fares over it. Heathrow Connect is a joint venture between BAA
and First Great Western (or FGW Link).
--
Richard J.