Old December 12th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
thoss thoss is offline

Default Godalming to Ealing Broadway

In article , David Bradley
writes
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:36:47 +0000, thoss wrote:

In article , David Bradley
writes
When I purchased my rail ticket from Godalming to Ealing Broadway the other
day, the route I could take was "any permitted". I was musing on my way
[weekday early morning] via Waterloo / Bond Street and onto Ealing Broadway
whether an alternative that could have been used was changing at Woking onto
the Railair coach link to Heathrow Central and then the Heathrow Connect
service to Ealing Broadway. Even if permissible, I wondered if it would have
been quicker than the actual route taken. Be interesting to know the answer to
that one.

You might also want to look at Waterloo-Paddington-Ealing Broadway. P-
EB is under 10 minutes.

That was the route that I took on a previous journey but found the walk
between the Underground and Surface lines at Paddington to be very long [a
mile perhaps?]

Not when I do it. Up the escalator from the tube platform, through the
barrier, turn left down a short tunnel, up a short flight of steps and
you are at the head of Paddingon platform 12. Ealing trains usually
leave from platforms 11-14.

Make sure you leave the tube through the barrier at the head of the
escalator. Don't turn right before the barrier - that is the long way
round.

--
Thoss