Old December 22nd 05, 10:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Pat Ricroft Pat Ricroft is offline

Default Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

CJB wrote:
Teenager dies 'playing' on hi-speed track out of Paddington

[snip]

Interesting story, and interesting comments too, but it's a bit
difficult to work out which are your comments and which are the BBC's.
I think a sprinkling of quotation marks would have helped. Or else a
clear separation of quote from comment - something like
quoteblahblahblah/quote would have helped.

I noticed this incident on the NRES website last night. For some reason
they were saying that it had affected services provided by FGW, FGWL
and Heathrow Connect - no mention of Heathrow Express. I can't see how
HEx could have continued running though, especially if one of their
trains was directly involved.

One question - what is the lineside fencing like round here? I thought
it was all heavy duty steel palissade these days? I suppose these kids
could have reached the track from Southall platforms, but then where
would they be going to?

All very unfortunate, for everyone involved.
--
Pat Ricroft, City of Salford, UK