Old December 30th 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default TOC for best London Gold Card benefits?

In message , Nicks
writes

"Neil Watson" wrote in message
I need a single zone annual travelcard (Zone 2), and will buy one on either
Friday or Saturday to beat the price rise and the impending necessity to
purchase more than one zone.

I also prefer paper over plastic, so will be purchasing from a
National Rail Station.

Does anyone know which TOC offers the most fringe benefits with a Gold
Card?
I know SWT used to do some free weekend travel, and I think WAGN did some
other offers at one point, but don't where the current offers are to be
located.

SWT is still offering 6 free weekend (incl Fri/bank holiday) one day passes
on their trains only.

Thameslink offer free weekend travel on any of their trains for you and
one other person. http://www.thameslink.co.uk/main.php?page_id=149
I did speak to them and this offer is valid until the end of their
franchise (i.e. end of March 2006), but no guarantees whether it will
continue thereafter.

C2C offer a "Weekend Ranger" pass for the travelcard holder + some
companions (I can remember how many; it's between 1 and 4) for UKP2.50
each on all C2C, Silverlink and WAGN services; however each time you
want the Weekend Ranger pass you would have to buy this at Limehouse
Station and I'm not too sure whether they still sell paper tickets or
are Oyster only. http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/work/cc.html
In the early days of offering these tickets they sent the annual season
ticket holders the details but forgot to tell the station staff how to
issue the tickets - or that they were even available! (all sorted now
however). Again WAGN and Silverlink are going, so I'm not too sure what
will happen thereafter.

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking