Old December 30th 05, 11:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default TOC for best London Gold Card benefits?

Neil Watson wrote:
I think WAGN did some other offers at one point

Wagn offers 4 free first class vouchers, for travel anywhere on their
own network (note, Wagn only - none of the other London Lines network,
or One). They're only meant for a return journey, but they're stamped
with the date and it seems you can use them like a rover for the day.

One person must have a season ticket, so you can't give them all away.
As you're in first class, you'll need to use a voucher for yourself
even if you're travelling within your season ticket area (assuming it's
not 1st class, for the pedantic uk.r members!).

You also get a voucher for 20% off at most outlets at Kings Cross,
Euston and some other mainline stations (I think). Not valid at places
like Cambridge or anywhere else, but you only need to show the Gold
Card and places give you the discount. Thus ANYONE at Kings Cross with
an annual season can get the discount even if they don't know about it.

So, all in all, Wagn aren't giving much away. They tell me you can't
even pay £3 to upgrade to first class at off-peak times. You must pay
the difference in the fare.

When First takes over, it's hardly going to get worse! Staff might even
get a bit more than some tea and biscuits as a Christmas gift (perhaps
a return to M&S vouchers?). We shall see!

Jonathan