Old January 19th 06, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Ken is offline

Default Is it correct to use 999 in this case...?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:42:15 GMT, "Jack Taylor"
wrote:

I've never understood why we don't have a 'serious but not emergency' number
to call in this country, something like 888 would be logical. I believe that
that idea has been discussed and may be implemented in the future, although
I believe that they are going to use something far less easy to remember,
like 112 or something.

Ofcom has just consulted on this. See
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/snen/#content.