Old January 29th 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Making the B14 even worse

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:42:42 +1030, (Aidan Stanger)
wrote:

snip

Are they trying to run this route down?

I doubt it but there is little extra money around to fund improvements
to routes like this. The next phases of the bus improvement programme
were halted to divert money to the tube and rail parts of TfL. This
will explain why the frequency enhancement never happened - as is the
case London wide with route proposals being axed all over the place.
--
Paul C

Out of interest, when you say the nest phases of the bus imporvement
programme have been shelved, can I just ask yout to elaborate on that a
little more, i.e. what did the planned improvements mainly consist of -
frequency improvements, new routes on busy bus corridors, more
comprehensive coverage of previously underserved areas etc?

The improvement to London's bus services since TfL took over has been a
great achievement, and I hope that here isn't going to be a
retrenchment in services in years to come.

Also, Paul, as someone with their finger on the pulse, what is your
assesment of how well TfL is prioritising their spending, given what
you say above about cash being diverted to the tube and railways?