Old February 18th 06, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default 1972 tube stock at Ruislip

Barry Salter wrote:
Also at Ruislip, I've spotted a rather forlorn (and unpainted) 1959
Stock train,

Actually it's the 8-car 1962TS "Test Train" that has the Sandite car
inserted for Central Line Sandite runs. It has ATP fitted.

and one of the two 4TC sets used for Steam on the Met, as
well as what appears to be most of the LU Engineering Fleet.

Actually, LU still has two 4TC sets, one of which is blessed with a
tripcock.

Think I saw the Track Measurement Train there earlier in the week too.

I saw the weedkiller 1938TS there today.

Wonder what, if anything, is gonna be planned for the 150th Anniversary
of the opening of the first section of the Met...

Well, now that the GBRf 66s will be permitted onto LU earthworks and
bridges for track renewals, anything's possible...