Old February 18th 06, 02:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
RPM RPM is offline

Default 1972 tube stock at Ruislip

A few weeks ago a 4 car set of unrefurbished 1972 Mk1 stock appeared at
Ruislip depot. Does anyone know its identity and why it is at Ruislip?

Roger

http://rpm-railpics.fotopic.net/
http://therailwaystationgallery.fotopic.net/
http://therailticketgallery.fotopic.net/

All opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of my employer.

Old February 18th 06, 07:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

RPM wrote:
A few weeks ago a 4 car set of unrefurbished 1972 Mk1 stock appeared at
Ruislip depot. Does anyone know its identity and why it is at Ruislip?

It's the Aldwych set, used for filming and police activities. One cab
was painted red for a filming exercise recently.

Old February 18th 06, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Barry Salter wrote:
Also at Ruislip, I've spotted a rather forlorn (and unpainted) 1959
Stock train,

Actually it's the 8-car 1962TS "Test Train" that has the Sandite car
inserted for Central Line Sandite runs. It has ATP fitted.

and one of the two 4TC sets used for Steam on the Met, as
well as what appears to be most of the LU Engineering Fleet.

Actually, LU still has two 4TC sets, one of which is blessed with a
tripcock.

Think I saw the Track Measurement Train there earlier in the week too.

I saw the weedkiller 1938TS there today.

Wonder what, if anything, is gonna be planned for the 150th Anniversary
of the opening of the first section of the Met...

Well, now that the GBRf 66s will be permitted onto LU earthworks and
bridges for track renewals, anything's possible...

Old February 19th 06, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Barry Salter wrote:
On 18 Feb 2006 09:33:22 -0800, "TheOneKEA"
wrote:

Actually, LU still has two 4TC sets, one of which is blessed with a
tripcock.

*nods* Could only see one of the two as I went past.

Correct. LUL now only has one set. The second was recently sold into
preservation.

Old February 19th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Actually, LU still has two 4TC sets, one of which is blessed with a
tripcock.

*nods* Could only see one of the two as I went past.

Correct. LUL now only has one set. The second was recently sold into
preservation.

So what happened to the other two? LU used to have _four_ 4-TCs.

Old February 20th 06, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:

So what happened to the other two? LU used to have _four_ 4-TCs.

I think you're mistaken! They had a four-car set, a three-car set and a
spare TSO. Usually made up to six-car locomotive hauled rakes for "Steam On
The Met" with the addition of the spare Mark I and Mark II loco-hauled
coaches that they acquired.

DTSOs: 76297 and 76298 from set 415, 76322 from set 427 and 76324 from set
428.
TFKs: 70855 from 412 and 71163 from 430 (the latter a 1974 conversion to
make a 3-TC up to 4-TC)
BSKs: 70823 from 412 and 70824 from 413.

Old February 20th 06, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Jack Taylor wrote:
They had a four-car set, a three-car set and a spare TSO.

Sorry - I meant TFK!

Old February 20th 06, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 4-TCs at Ruislip (was: 1972 tube stock at Ruislip)

Jack Taylor wrote:
TheOneKEA wrote:

So what happened to the other two? LU used to have _four_ 4-TCs.

I think you're mistaken! They had a four-car set, a three-car set and a
spare TSO. Usually made up to six-car locomotive hauled rakes for "Steam On
The Met" with the addition of the spare Mark I and Mark II loco-hauled
coaches that they acquired.

DTSOs: 76297 and 76298 from set 415, 76322 from set 427 and 76324 from set
428.
TFKs: 70855 from 412 and 71163 from 430 (the latter a 1974 conversion to
make a 3-TC up to 4-TC)
BSKs: 70823 from 412 and 70824 from 413.

Odd. I was certain that I once saw no less than four discrete four-car
maroon rakes of full-size rolling stock in Ruislip; two of them were on
the Gardens fan, near the area where the 1962TS is sitting, and the
other two were in the open, on the roads leading to B and C shed roads.

Old February 21st 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
RPM RPM is offline

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
oups.com...
RPM wrote:
A few weeks ago a 4 car set of unrefurbished 1972 Mk1 stock appeared at
Ruislip depot. Does anyone know its identity and why it is at Ruislip?

It's the Aldwych set, used for filming and police activities. One cab
was painted red for a filming exercise recently.

Thanks for info. There appears to be a 350 shunter right at the back of the
yard too.