Old March 2nd 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Iain P. Ambler Iain P. Ambler is offline

Default Some Questions - can anyone help me here, please?

I have some burning questions which I hope the fount of knowledge on
uk.transport.london can help me with (and your answers will be very
gratefully received). If there are any internet resources which would point
me in the right direction, any suggestions would be fantastic.

Basically, I spent seven years commuting from SE London into Charing X until
I changed jobs in October, resulting in a different commute. I now travel
on SET to London Bridge, take the Jubilee to Bond Street and then the
Central Line to Hanger Lane.

Being interested in transport in general, but railway systems in particular,
my curiosity needs satisfaction!

So, here goes...

1. It seems to me that the Central Line trains are pretty quick compared to
the Jubilee. Am I correct, and if so what is the reason for this?

2. There is quite a network of Tube lines around the Hanger Lane area, but
nothing is "joined up". For example, there is Hanger Lane on the Central,
Park Royal on the Piccadilly and Neasden on the Jubilee, but no local
interchange. Has there never been any economic reason to do this? Would
joining them up improve the links and improve the local economy?

3. Parallel to Hanger Lane and North Acton there is a railway line, which I
suspect is a Goods Line given that I never see any passenger traffic. Where
does this go from and to, and does it ever get used????

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Iain

--